Church of Saints Peter & PaulThis one's old: The monastery, dedicated to Saints Peter and Paul, was founded in 731, but burned to the ground by invading Magyars. It was re-founded in 1102 by Count Frederick of Bogen, a Vogt of Regensburg cathedral. After a serious fire in 1245, the premises were re-constructed and 1346-1358 the abbey was fortified. The church was again extensively altered in the time of abbot Johann II Asperger (1438 to 1463).
The mediaeval monastery complex was modernised 1604 to 1634, the baroque high altar of the abbey dates from 1693. A total baroque refurbishment followed 1726 to 1731 as part of its millenium celebration.
The abbey was dissolved in 1803 during the secularisation of Bavaria, and the monastery buildings were disposed of. The church of the former abbey became the parish church. In 1847, the tombs and monuments were removed from the church and taken to Vilshofen where they were used for the construction of a dam.
SOURCE: Wikipedia - please help support it!